Monday, February 16, 2009

Winter of little discontent

So far this winter seems mild, perhaps because it has been dry. This I am happy with as winter is my least favorite season. The cold unforgiving weather combined with short daylight periods brings depressive feelings. I enjoy the outdoors exploring, enjoying nature, building things and old man winter is holding me back. I just read of an actual clinical name for these feelings seasonal affective disorder (SAD). Silly, but I guess we gotta call it something.
A couple days ago we a had a shift in the weather pattern with an unseasonably warm day. As I laid on the lake front beach feeling the warmth of the sun upon my face a calm propagates. I felt my soul warm and almost glow with anticipation for more life. It was good, I was happy. Not long after this moment of solitude the sky darkened, temperature dropped and psyche diminished to the cold hard cave it crawled out of.

No comments:

Post a Comment