Monday, March 11, 2013

Sausage Time

I procured a couple of pounds of venison and thought this would be a great addition to my homemade sausage endeavor. So I set to making a batch of smoked cured sausage.
Ingredients:
Venison, Pork, Bacon, Chipotles, Jalapenos, curing salt, garlic/onion powder, cumin, ground mustard seed, and spices.
I chopped the chipotles and jalapeno in the food processor then mixed all ingredients in bowl. Sent through to the grinder to get it all mixed and sized. Stuffed in natural hog casings, and hung on a rack to go to the smoker. I am smoking them with charcoal and pecan wood.

You can really smell the smoked chipotles before I cooked them. I am just guessing on how much peppers to add for the batch. I want it to be spicy but not painful.






Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment